Back To The Body: A Sensuous Retreat For Women
“Female sexual pleasure, rightly understood, is not just about sexuality or just about pleasure. It serves also, as a medium of female knowledge, and hopefulness; female creativity and courage; female focus and initiative; female bliss and transcendence; and as medium of a sensibility that feels very much like freedom. To understand the vagina properly is to realize that it is not only coexistence with the female brain, but is also, essentially, a part of the female soul”. Naomi Wolf
Few of us ever take the time to get in touch with our bodies & our sexuality. And there are few retreats with the expertise, love and safety that women need to take such a vulnerable journey. But without this journey it’s almost impossible to live the kind of sexy empowered life we want.
I have taken this journey, and it has been my secret to living life as a turned on woman. I want to share it with you and invite you back into your body (maybe it’s your first visit!) and let the sexy flow in your own life. This retreat was created out of the vision of what I wish had been available to me when I started my own personal journey. As far as we know, there is no other retreat like this in the world for women.
It’s never too early or too late to move your feet in the direction of your heart and begin to open more to your own body, your own pleasure and your own sexuality. I know that this may seem like a vulnerable journey, but according to researcher Brene Brown, “Vulnerability is the birthplace of joy, creativity, and love and whole heartedness.”
When you can be brave enough to lean into this place I truly believe that you will open to an entirely new level of creativity and sexiness in your life. I have finally understood in my heart of hearts that it is my openness to this place within myself that makes me truly beautiful – not my ass, or my breasts. It is your own connectedness to your own body that makes you beautiful. If you can’t feel your body, you can’t feel your feelings.
The hard part is often putting the excuses aside. Perhaps it is time or money – or simply the fear of doing something different, sexy and pleasure filled for yourself. But once you make your decision, and put your feet in the direction of your own heart – there is no turning back. This retreat will change your life.
Back to the Body is a unique offering created for women to come together and immerse themselves in the pleasure of their own sensuality in a safe structured environment. More than a circle, this is a retreat that has been created to allow you to connect to your own Inner Goddess in the loving presence of women on a similar journey.“I no longer feel victimized by other people’s opinions and moods around me after working with you all. I have the right to feel my feelings and drop the stories that have imposed on me for so long and then, move forward in joy”. Sarah from Maryland
Come be held in Her arms, experience the full sensual possibilities that are present in your glorious body. Ride the waves of pleasure deep into the mysteries of the feminine. Dance in your own desire and play in the full expression of your sexuality. This retreat is limited to six women, and will be facilitated by myself, and two incredible certified somatic sex educators Will Fredericks and Ron Stewart (please read the staff bios below).
It’s time to go deeper and celebrate your body!
Dr. Christiane Northrup, physician, best-selling author and internationally renowned women’s health expert commented, “Up until very recently, hands-on sexual healing has been cloaked in secrecy, shame, and misunderstanding. But a bold new group of courageous pioneers such as Pamela Madsen is leading the way toward a deeper, richer understanding of women’s sexual pleasure as a force for health and healing that positively affects all areas of their lives. The new feminism includes embracing our erotic power, and hands on sexual healing in the right setting can be a very effective way to accomplish this.”
A Taste of What You Can Expect:
- Daily hands on Taoist Sensuous Bodywork Sessions conducted by Will Fredericks and Ron Stewart who are Certified Sexological Bodyworkers- a new profession certified in California.
- Learn to overcome body shame, identify your desires, and safely explore them. As needed and desired, you will be able to explore pelvic release work, scar tissue remediation (for women with painful orgasm or intercourse), “Goddess Spot” work, and breast massage. You can re-train and open new neural pathways to pleasure.
- Explore the “Goddess Array” and the full “Melting Response” that is possible in your own sexual experience.
- Experience what your sexual arousal can do to power your entire life.
- Explore the possibility of feeling the full activation of your whole female autonomic system and learn to do this at home.
- Workshops led by Pamela Madsen, Will Fredericks and Ron Stewart on “Understanding Female Orgasm”, ‘The Power of Your Pelvis”, “The Anatomy of Arousal”, “Identifying Your Core Erotic Creature”, “Menstruation and The Moon Cycle” (For Peri-and Menopausal Women too!), “Learning to Speak Your Desire”, “Playing With Power in Your Relationships” and “Understanding Erotic Trance States” will all be explored.
- Spa services including body scrubs and facials
- Belly Fit Classes taught by the Creator of Belly Fit
- Daily morning practice with Yoga and Ecstatic Trance Dance Experiences and guided visualization meditations
- Organic Cooking
- Ritual Sensual Bathing Experience
- Opportunities to be silly, laugh and play
- Group discussions on body image, orgasm, sexuality, speaking desire, power play, understanding boundaries and how to open to more pleasure in our daily lives.
- Surprise Events
- Fun Goody Bag
All participants will receive one “Get To Know You” coaching session with Pamela, Will and Ron as well as one additional coaching session with Pamela after the retreat completes. Want to know what previous participants had to say? Go Here.
This retreat is being held on a beautiful historic property.. It is a true private sanctuary which will allow you to completely release yourself from daily obligations so that you may fully engage with your own present self, and nourish your body, mind and spirit. To fully immerse yourself in your Back to The Body journey, consider this space a getaway in our beautifully furnished suite.
The living area is a 800 square-foot studio apartment which boasts vaulted ceilings, a wood burning stove, eclectic furnishings, private deck, and laundry services. This cozy yet spacious open living suite sleeps 6 people. We are going to have a fabulous sexy pajama party under it’s cozy and restful roof.
The well-equipped kitchen and rustic dining table will show case our amazing organic and communal meal which will sometimes feel like intimate dinners and at other times feel like sumptuous feasts!
The suite has Internet access and TV with DVD player, sound system with iPod connection. The studio/spa is connected to our suite and we have two full bathrooms. The retreat also offers infrared sauna, and a large soaking tub where we will have our bath ritual.
The property will celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2014 and is a beautiful and majestic reminder of life in simpler times. The suite is located on a seven acre private landscape of trees, mountains and a hike up the hill will be rewarded with views of the ocean.
Originally built as a summer house for a shipping family, this property has passed through many ages and incarnations and now rests peacefully once more as a gracious home for a thriving family. Our hope is that your time with us will welcome in the processes of healing and transformation that will take place through practices of sensuous massage, body scrubs, infrared sauna, dance, yoga, intimate conversations, and a spirit of play.
The Back to The Body Retreat is the event that will take place as you leave the city and arrive in this quiet part of the world surrounded by natural beauty.
The Important Details:
- Fall Dates 2012: November 1st3pm through November 5th 3pm (CLOSED OUT)
- Winter Dates: January 31 2013 at Noon through February 4th at 3pm. (Closed out)
- Spring Dates are May 16th Noon to May 20th at 3pm. Registration is now open! Currently there are two spot available.
- Tuition: $4,000 complete with lodgings, all organic and healthy meals, all services and special events. We will also provide transportation to the retreat from airports and ferries in the Victoria area. We will return you too!
If you would like to talk more about the retreat to see if it is right for you, please email me to schedule a time to talk. This retreat is open to all people that identify as women and all sexual orientations. Do you want to read about other participants experiences? Go Here.
Will, Ron and I are so looking forward to sharing all of this with you.